Monday, September 25, 2006

The Macaca Deepens

Today Salon has interviews with George Allen's old football teammates at UVA, who remember him as a creepy racist in college. To be honest, I don't really care. I thought he was a douche when he was my senator, so this doesn't really change a lot. Besides, we all make mistakes as kids, and what's really important is the complete moron he's become since then. I do have to admit though that I find this part funny.

"Allen said he came to Virginia because he wanted to play football in a place where 'blacks knew their place'."

Why funny? Well, I'm not surprised to hear that there are idiot frat-boys at UVA, but this sounds more to me like a rich Californian brat trying pathetically to ingratiate himself with the 'good ol' boys'. I have this image of him dressed in dickies like Richie Rich saying the following to his teammates...

"You know, chums, what I really like about you Southern people is that you're all a bunch of rednecks. I really admire that! I mean, you're all racist idiots, right? Well, me too, then. Now, can one of you lads run along and fetch me my gear so that I might play the game of American football with you fellows?"

No comments: