Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Miracle

Wow! I recently said that "not all Christians are as stupid as Pat Robertson", and now even Pat Robertson isn't as stupid as Pat Robertson. After having attacked churches who wanted to do something about global warming as 'far left' extremists last year, Robertson's decided that it's really damn hot this year.

"We really need to address the burning of fossil fuels," Robertson said on his "700 Club" broadcast. "It is getting hotter, and the icecaps are melting and there is a buildup of carbon dioxide in the air."

Good for him! He reaches a lot of people, and maybe they're a bit quicker on the uptake than he is. Anway, this is a good sign, isn't it?

3 comments:

SecondComingOfBast said...

A damn good sign. Kind of restores your faith in humanity, doesn't it, when you see someone with his reputation willing to publicly refute a previous stance.

autogato said...

Rock on, Pat. Finally he says something reasonable.

And thanks for stopping by my blog! (I still get down when people plagiarize. I don't like cheating and I value education so much. I REALLY get down when they get caught doing it for the THIRD time in one semester and NOTHING happens).

Rufus said...

I think it's a sign that change is coming. It's hard to keep clinging to the industry PR when temperatures are reaching 115 in some places.